Friday, November 2, 2012

Shannon- Personal Response

Shannon- Personal Reaction to Act 1 I thought that at times the reading was a little hard to follow, but I understood most of it. I think it is interesting that the late King warns Hamlet not to hate his mother; it is not her fault he says. His wife began to unite with his brother before he was dead; how can he not be mad about that? Then, not even 2 months later, she marries again. How can the ghost not be angry with the Queen for this? I doubt I am projecting, because Hamlet himself was angry. This is the story the story on one front. There is war brewing i. the background (another front) and I bet it is like Othello- it mirrors and is metaphorical for the conflict in the castle. How Denmark fares out there I predict is how Hamlet will do in his situation. There is a third front to the story; I predict it is the love story of Ophelia and Hamlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment