Friday, November 2, 2012

Cassidy's Response

After first reading Act I of Hamlet I could hardly comprehend what the play was saying. The language just flew over my head; however, the movie helped me understand a lot better. Being mostly a visual learner, it opened my eyes to what the tone and the purpose were. Seeing and hearing the characters' attitudes in the movie seemed more reasonable for me because it shows the characters' emotions in every line and how Shakespeare could have imagined the play. Also, the blog about the language gave me a better understanding of what Shakespeare was referring to, which now makes a lot more sense. Though it was hard to understand the play at first, I love how the play makes me think about what's going to occur next. So many questions like "Is the ghost really his father?" or "Is Hamlet going to take things a little too far?" circle around my mind. The play is suspenseful and it will make you keep guessing. I'm excited about what's going to happen next. Yes, I may be slow at learning the language, but really reading the script, paying attention to the movie, and possibly with a little help from some footnotes I'll get the hang of Hamlet. The mystery and drama of Hamlet is so far very enjoyable and I cannot wait to read and watch more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment