Thursday, November 1, 2012

Carli Souder: Personal Response

After watching the movie of Act I, it clarified a lot of stuff I was confused about in the reading. I was able to decipher the language better and create the setting and images in my head a little better. After Act I it has me curious about Hamlet and his personality and character. At times he seems very angry and aggressive and at others he seems the opposite. He was very eager to go talk with the ghost and didn't hesitate at all or think that it could be a trick or have bad consequences, it seems like he makes foolish decisions without fully thinking about it. I feel like this will harm him in later parts of the book. Another thing that stuck out to me was how obidient Ophelia was with her brother and father. She didn't hardly argue at all with her father about Hamlet and him forbidding her to see him. This either means that she's just a people pleaser and doesn't want to disappoint her father, or she doesn't care enough about Hamlet to cause distress among we family or to cause tension. Also, As far as I remember, Hamlet has yet to mention Ophelia or anything about her. If he was in love or had some feelings I would think she would have been mentioned by him so far. But it's probably just because of the drama and stress Hamlet is dealing with, with his fathers death and his uncle and mothers marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment