Sunday, November 11, 2012

Act IV Personal Response- Shannon

The events keep getting worse and worse, yet I think worse is yet to come. The King flat out says he wants Hamlet killed to Laertes. No more does he hide his desire for Hamlet's death. He claims he loves the Queen, and that is the only thing keeping him from outright killing Hamlet. What surprises me is that he plans on letting Laertes kill him, and that Laertes- who seemed calm, collected, and concerned in the first act- is seething with a desire for revenge. I wonder how the story is going to work out. I feel like Hamlet, despite appearing mad to the point that even us the readers who know his thoughts are beginning to doubt his sanity, is more in control than it seems. He and Laertes will probably dual, and Laertes will be killed. Then, Hamlet shall kill the King. That is my prediction.

No comments:

Post a Comment